Fluorescent Water Tracing Dye - Red or Green - 1 Gallon
Factory Direct Chemicals Water Tracing Dye creates an intense fluorescent color in water to trace, track, and analyze conditions in residential, commercial, and environmental applications. FDC’s Water Tracing Dye is perfect for leak detection, dispersion/diffusion analysis, overflow analysis, discharge testing, sea marking, and time-flow studies. This water tracing dye is non-staining and biodegradable, therefore it will not harm equipment, fish, or wildlife.
- CONCENTRATED WATER TRACING DYE. Factory Direct Chemical’s Water Tracing Dye is perfect for leak tracing, dispersion/diffusion pattern analysis, overflow analysis, discharge testing, sea marking, and time-flow studies.
- TRACE WATER LEAKS EASILY. Need a dye to trace water leaks? Use FDC’s ultra-concentrated fluorescent water tracing dye for sewers, toilets, pools, and septic tanks.
- NON-STAINING, CONCENTRATED FORMULA. Fluorescent water tracing dye from FDC will not stain surfaces or clothing. Your concrete, asphalt, tile, metal, and plaster surfaces are safe.
- HIGHLY DISTINCTIVE COLORANT (RED OR GREEN). This bright water tracing dye ensures maximum visibility under any condition. However, the dye can be traced more accurately under ultraviolet light or measured with a fluorometer.
- BIODEGRADABLE. Our water tracing dye will not harm fish or wildlife. It does not contain glycol so it can be used safely in river and pond studies.
more info text
Use 1 cup of dye per 300 gallons of water. Use 1 gallon of dye per 5,000 to 10,000 gallons of water.
Do you have to use a blacklight with this product?
This product is a highly visible and distinctive fluorescent color that can be measured using a "black" ultraviolet light or precisely measured with a fluorometer. It can also be used when there is no sun or in low light conditions. This product is biodegradable. Excellent for finding leaks.
Can this be used to find leaks in your vehicles cooling system?
Yes, you can use this to find a leak in your vehicle cooling system.
Should the pool filter be running when using tracing dye?
No it should be off. For the test to be effective, the water needs to be as still as possible. In order to achieve this, turn your pool equipment off.
Does a blacklight help in finding the leak?
In dark areas, Yes.
Can I use this on an overhead leak on my deck?
Yes you can. The dye will pinpoint the leak location by following the leak trail.
Does this product clean up from floors and/or a concrete sidewalk?
This dye is nonstaining and will wash out of virtually any surface or fabric.